Sunday, March 23, 2008

Troubles.

TO be bluntly flat out. Having issues with the fam right now. I dont exactly know whats going on but pray for me, that I would have patience, and just all that stuff. God knows I really need it right about now. I mean I know I am almost 19 still living at home and all so I have it pretty well. But I dont depend on my parents for everything. I use my money to go out and do stuff that i want to do and buy things I want. I am trying to find myself a job so that I can have money so I can do stuff and buy things for myself. I am no longer asking mommy and daddy for money to go out to the mall or go out to the movies. So I think I am pretty much depending on myself aside from the college classes and insurance my parents both paid for. But other than that I use my money for things I have or want. I dont get how there are some kids who put their parents through hell and still get everything they want (some of you may know a certain person in my fam I am speakin of), money handed to them, and gifts handed to them like their kid is an angel. I find it odd and quite hilarious that alot of those parents think that their kid is not dependent on them so much anymore. How are they not dependent? without their parents they wouldn't have half the things they have and wouldn't be able to go out and do half the things they do. Alot of these kids dont even appreciate it. I appreciate very much the things my parents do pay for. As far as depending on them for every aspect of my life not so much. But I love both my mom and dad very dearly and they are both a major part of my life. Not needing them for everything that happens in my life is understandable but I still like them to be apart of it. Well that just a littl rant for today! Well night!! HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hey girl,
I'm not sure what's going on, but I can tell you I've been there, I'm sure. I struggled with being out of high school, going to college yet still having my parents take care of my living necessities (i.e. roof over my head, electricity bill paid, food, etc). They had an expectation that if they were doing that, then I needed to hold up my end of the bargain. Which, I did, but it was hard because in a way I didn't have the same freedom. I'd just encourage you to continue to check yourself in these types of situations to see what God might be saying and where God wants you to be submitting to your parents.
It's a really tough place to be in, but enjoy it while you can. Once you have to pay for everything, reality bites. I can't remember the last time I got to go shopping lol. Luv ya, girl.